Frequently Asked Questions
What is streaming?
Streaming sends and receives data (such as audio or video) in a continuous flow over a network, rather than waiting for a complete download. It allows playback to begin while sending the rest of the data. For example, as soon as your computer or phone receives the beginning of a stream, you’re able to start watching it. As the stream continues playing, the rest of the data gets transmitted. As long as you have a reliable internet connection, your device is able to play the entire movie smoothly without interruption.
What do I need to stream MSO Live!?
At minimum you need a reliable internet connection and a device such as a computer, iPad, smartphone, or Smart TV that can receive a video stream. The quality of your MSO Live! experience will be greatly improved by using the largest screen and best audio speakers available. Headphones generally offer a very good audio experience as well.
You will also need a free account on our streaming platform at:
If you purchase a subscription or single concert from the MSO, your account will be set up for you and you will receive an email with log in instructions.
MSO Live! is available directly through the web browser on your computer or smart device, or can be watched on a Roku or Amazon Fire enabled TV using our custom MSO Live! app, available in each platform’s app store.
You can also use Apple AirPlay or Google Chromecast to send the stream to your wifi TV from your laptop or smart device.
Stream on your Desktop/Laptop/Tablet/Smart Phone with:
- Internal (built -n) audio speaker
- External audio speakers (connected by wire or wireless Bluetooth)
- Audio cable plugged into you sound system
- Headphones (great option for single user!)
Stream on your TV:
- Stream MSO Live! directly on Roku or Amazon Fire
Download the MSO Live! app and sign in to MSO Live! with your credentials and enjoy!
Instructions to download MSO Live! app for Roku:
Instructions to download MSO Live! app for Fire:
- Apple TV or AirPlay
- Bring up MSO Live! on your computer or mobile device and send it to your wifi enabled TV by clicking the AirPlay icon on the top menu bar.
Instructions to AirPlay from your Mac, iPad, or iPhone to wifi TV:
- Google Chromecast
- Google’s Chrome internet browser has a built-in casting function.
Instructions to use Chrome to cast from your computer to wifi TV:
- HDMI Cable
- Bring up MSO Live! on your desktop or laptop and connect to your TV using an HDMI cable.
What if I don’t know my password for MSO Live!?
You can retrieve/reset your password by going to:
Will the concerts be available to watch after the live stream?
Each concert will be available for a seven-day period following the initial event. There will be a delay before the recorded version is available to stream.
How fast does my internet connection have to be?
A fast and reliable broadband internet connection is required. For streaming content, your download speed should be at least 5mbps, but 25mps or more is recommended. The faster the connection, the better, but our streaming platform should buffer, or delay, your stream until it can be delivered smoothly.
How do I know the actual speed of my internet connection?
There are many free tools available online to test your internet speed, including SpeedTest.net.
What if I’m having internet connection issues?
- If you are using Wifi, you can try connecting to the internet with a hard-wired connection.
- Close other applications on your device and disconnect other devices using the same WiFi network.
- Reset and/or turn off and restart your modem and/or router.
- Move your devices closer to your WiFi router.